For 2019, DFW Fiber Fest will be held from Thursday, April 4 through Sunday, April 7.
Prior to registration, we suggest that you download this pdf file (2019 Planning Sheet) and use it to help you plan your weekend. You can take only one class during each time period, and we have several 6-hour classes and even one 9-hour class this year. This planning sheet will help you make sure that, if you choose one of those, you don't pick another class offered during that same time. Also, some classes are offered more than once, so be ready to change your choices if your particular selection fills.
- Early Bird Pricing
November 3, 2018 through January 1, 2019
- 3-hour Class: $70 + materials fees
- 6-hour Class: $140 + materials fees
- 9-hour Class: $210 + materials fees
- Regular Pricing
Beginning January 2, 2019
- 3-hour Class: $80 + materials fees
- 6-hour Class: $160 + materials fees
- 9-hour Class: $240 + materials fees
- You can only register for ONE person at a time. Each registrant must have a separate email address.
- If you have registered your email address with our registration system in previous years, you will be asked for your password. Do NOT enter a password. Please bypass this step and click on *"Start a New Registration"*
- Class Fees: You will pay only for the classes you wish to attend. Prices are listed above.
- Class Materials Fee: If a class has a materials fee it is listed in the class description. The materials fee will be added to your total when you register for that class.
- Changes and additions to your registration. No changes, class additions, exchanges or cancellations can be done online through the registration site. Please send an email to email@example.com. Your change or class addition will be handled ASAP. A fee may be charged for changes or cancellations.
- Refund Policy: We understand that life happens and you may have to cancel your classes prior to the event. Classes may be cancelled until Monday, March 18, 2019, for a refund of all class and materials fees* minus a $25 administration fee. After March 18, 2019, the teachers' class count minimums are set and we will not be able to refund class fees.
*Materials fees are fully refundable for all classes with the exception of any class where materials have been mailed to the students ahead of time.
- Wait List: If the class you want is full and you still want the class, fill out the online Wait List Form and submit it. You will be placed on the wait list in the order that your form is received and will be notified if an opening becomes available. You will have 2 days to respond before we move on to the next person.
- Registration Confirmation: When your registration is completed you will receive a registration confirmation by email. You must read and save the confirmation that you receive. It contains a link to your registration record and payment as well as class homework and other important information. Please let us know if you do not receive this emailed confirmation.
Registration Do's and Don'ts
READ BEFORE REGISTERING!
- Class choices are not yours until you complete the payment information and click "Finish." Have your classes and alternates available so you can make your class choices and move on to check out as quickly as possible.
- Click on the "continue" button only once to move to the next registration page. It may take 10 or more seconds to move to the next page; clicking on it more than once just slows the system down.
- The system may have a waiting room, where your registration will wait in line to be processed. This should move rather quickly. If you find yourself "stuck" in the waiting room and there is no movement for several minutes, we recommend using a different device to register. Our best guess is that some company security software can interfere with the waiting room. We had this happen to someone last year, but she was able to register using her phone.
- Do NOT use the "Back" button on your web browser tool bar.
- DON'T USE ANY "MAKE CHANGES" BUTTON. If you feel you must go back, it is best to close out your registration and begin again from scratch.
Need a holiday gift for a Fiber enthusiast?
DFW Fiber Fest offers the ability to gift a particular class or classes to someone else.
The steps for gifting are as follows:
- Register for the class (or classes) online using your own email address. (If you are already registered to take classes, you will need to use a different email address than the one you used to register for your own classes. If you use gmail, it is easy to create an unique account by adding a +1 to the end of your address as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org. That email will end up in your regular email, email@example.com but will be unique for our registration system. Or you can just use a different email address if you have one.
- Contact DFW Fiber Fest at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the following:
- the email address you used for the gift registration;
- the registration id number; and
- the name, address and email address of your intended recipient
- We will then prepare a gift certificate for you and email it to you in a .PDF file that you can print out as the recipient's gift.
- Once the holidays are over, we will transfer the class to the recipient's name in early January and email them an official confirmation with their class & homework information. If gifting for another reason beside the winter holidays, please include the date you will be presenting the certificate so that we can contact the recipient shortly after to send them this information.
Do you just want to come shop the Vendor Hall? Do you not want to take any of the available classes?
Registration is only required if you want to take a class. Registration is not required for General Admission attendees. Just come to the Irving Convention Center any day the Vendor Hall is open — Friday, Saturday and Sunday — and pay at the door!